As a valued Cooke & Associates client, we want to take this opportunity to reassure you that as the world continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, our office remains open and continues to serve our clients on a global scale. We know how unsettling this time can be, and we’re committed to supporting you every step of the way.
As defined by state and federal agencies, our protective and law enforcement support services are considered essential, and are exempt from current shelter-in-place orders.
For Our Protective Services Clients
As this situation continues to evolve, some have begun to experience incidents such as travel difficulties, suspicious activity, threats, and in some cases crimes which require additional protective services in places like residences, private and family offices, and corporate campuses. We expect to see more of this as time goes on.
For Our Public Safety Partners
We continue our commitment to assist public safety agencies in maintaining appropriate staffing levels. We continue to conduct thorough, timely, and POST-compliant backgrounds in addition to the monitoring of hospitalized in-custody suspects. This frees up officers and allows them to remain on the streets.
Company-wide, we are committed to continuing our current business practices using the following guiding principles:
- Monitor and comply with all laws and guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and related health agencies.
- Protect the safety of our clients, employees, and their families.
- Stay current on best practices in our industry.
- Focus on communication with clients and employees.
- Accept that the situation is highly-fluid and decisions may change frequently.
Guided by these principles, we have communicated with all of our employees several best practices to reduce possible exposure to COVID-19.
Additional Information Regarding Background Investigations
As stated, we are committed to doing our part in assisting agencies in hiring qualified applicants in an expedited manner. To meet this commitment and do our part to limit exposure, we have implemented the following procedures as they relate to backgrounds:
- During our initial contact with applicants, we will attempt to determine if they have symptoms associated with the virus, had contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19, or have traveled within the last three weeks.
- Our staff will reiterate the importance of bringing all required documents to the PHS interview. Any applicants missing documents will be instructed to mail them to our office.
- Three days prior to the PHS interview, we will recontact the applicant to confirm the same information. Any applicant determined to be sick or exposed in any way to the COVID-19 virus will have their PHS interview rescheduled.
- During the PHS interview, applicants will be told that handshaking is not permitted and that they must maintain at least a six-foot distance from CAI staff and other applicants.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes will be made available to applicants and located throughout the CAI office.
- Our staff will continue to conduct agency checks and background file reviews pending agency availability.
At Cooke & Associates, we exist to help you mitigate risk. During these unprecedented times, we stand ready to help and will continue to closely monitor this situation sharing information as the situation develops. In the meantime, you can reach out to us 24/7 should you have any questions or concerns.
Your Partners at Cooke & Associates, Inc.
Disclaimer: This document is provided solely as an information resource. It is intended to provide general guidance on communicating during an incident and is not intended for a specific incident or circumstance. CAI is not liable for its use or implementation by any individual or organization.